Safe for a few days due to east wind.

Elektra on her gale proof mooring

Elektra had been in the water since the end of March but we had only used her seasonal mooring for 4 days due to easterly winds. We had been away for a few days but needed to get back in order to get her onto her gale proof mooring before the next blow. The easterly lasted until the end of Monday and it was Thursday before l had time to move her out onto her seasonal mooring again.

With rain and south westerly strong winds forecasted for the following week Elektra would be safer on her seasonal mooring. We could have gone sailing over the weekend but still forecasted cold weather so we thought we might just day sail on Saturday and get home by the wood burner in the evening.

Elektra back on her seasonal mooring

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: