We had been given the 1st of April for Elektra’s launch date but it was the 10th of March before I even started getting some winter jobs done. Still busy at work, it wasn’t until the 24th before I could really get on with the jobs. With a few finishing up jobs on the 27th, Elektra was ready for launch. The next 4 days I was back busy at work.
When Friday arrived the boat yard wasn’t ready so pushed the launch to Tuesday 5th, leaving me another weekend for jobs. But I only managed to find time on Sunday to do some more.
Elektra finally was launched on Wednesday, being busy working then she was put on their waiting mooring and l moved her into Carne Creek on Thursday morning. I set 3 anchors fore and aft though the next 2 days of strong south-westerly winds and by the weekend she was neeped until the following Wednesday. With strong southeast winds forecasted for Sunday and Monday, l was very happy she wouldn’t float.
On Saturday Vicki and l when out to her for cabin cleaning and a few other jobs. More cleaning jobs on Sunday and she will be ready to load gear.