Anti-fouling!

After a winter up a muddy creek “Elektra” was coated with a layer of mud below the water line, I had worked out a way of using my pressure washer with a header tank filled from the stream but found out my petrol gen would not run the p-washer so had to revert to scrubbing. I had made up duck boards to keep me out of the mud only to discover I would not fit under the boat between the bilge keels if I used them! So use a plywood sheet instead.

I scrubbed off one day and anti-fouled “Elektra” the next, it was the first time I had ever anti-fouled in oilers, having done the job once I have now decided to do it in the summer next year on a clean beach!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: